Tuesday, June 5, 2018

5th JUNE 2018 - GIVI TANK LOCK BAG

GIVI TANKLOCK BAG

Having sold my VFR1200, I was left with a Givi TankLock bag and assumed that the locking ring would be the same for the CB1100RS - it wasn't! The fuel filler cap is, in fact, much smaller on the CB1100 and I was unable to find anything on Givi's website :-( 

I’m fortunate enough to be able to get the guys at work to fabricate a new ring, so I started to lock the old one in place so I could determine the dimensions required. Having done that, I discovered that the whole thing was rock solid! And now I’m wondering whether to even bother having one fabricated from scratch or just leave this in place. There’s no way it’s gonna come loose! Well, not unless you purposely try to rip it off with full force.


It's not ideal, but if it works, why bother trying to fabricate something new. It's not a high security device or something!






No comments:

Post a Comment