Wednesday, June 13, 2018

13th JUNE 2018 - BAGSTER TANK COVER

BAGSTER TANK COVER BAG-1734U

My tank cover arrived from Germany today and I installed it as soon as I got home. It took about 10 minutes to install because you have to feed two straps around the frame just under the rear of the fuel tank, so it meant undoing the fixing bolt and lifting the tank about 30mm.

Even with the back of the tank raised slightly, it's still a bugger to get the straps fed through and I recommend using some long-nose pliers to reach through to grab the strap and pull it towards you. It's all a lot easier with the side panels removed. Once that's done, the rest is simple. Bear in mind that the cover will go on a LOT easier if it's been sat in the hot sun for a while. The heavy leather will become a lot more compliant.

There's one thing for sure - it ages the bike, in appearance. One minute I have a lovely gleaming brand new bike and the next minute I have a dark, mean looking thing. This is always the case with tank covers - on any bike. They're not there for aesthetics - they're there to protect your fuel tank from scratches and dings, provide you with some knee-grip during more "spirited" riding and finally, to allow you to attach your Baglux Luggage.

I've always had these tank covers on my bikes. I keep the same tank-bag but obviously get a new cover when I change bikes. There's a HUGE range of bags available and the one I chose doubles up as a back-pack.




Here's some photos of my Tank Bag....




No comments:

Post a Comment