Wednesday, July 25, 2018

24th JULY 2018 - PAINT FLAKING OFF!!

DISAPPOINTING PAINT FINISH ON ENGINE

After a short ride-out the other day, I arrived home and washed the bike. During that process, I noticed some paint had come off the front lower part of the engine, so I lay down on the floor and discovered that the whole sump pan was effected. I could hardly believe my eyes!


I emailed Richard at Blackpool Honda with the photos and told him that I was very disappointed to see this happen on a brand new premium priced bike after just 500 miles! I was also concerned that they wouldn't have one of these in stock in time for the bike's 1st Service (which would mean me having two 80-mile round trips to get the service and the warranty work done.

Anyway, that aside, I enjoyed my day out around Lancashire and North Yorkshire....




3 comments:

  1. Where did you get the mirror extenders from (I need some for my CB l

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get your mirror extenders from , ( I need some for my CB )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What happened in relation to repairing the the flaking paint on the oil sump ?. That is very shoddy quality from the big H. I was looking at purchasing one of these but seeing that it's got alarm bells ringing with me. Did they eventually put it right ? Please help

    ReplyDelete